SAP ITS with WM6.5 IE slow...

// Expert user has replied.
J Jaehoon Lee 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Hello, I have a customer who uses MC75A0 WM6.5 IE with SAP ITS. And he is complaining it is slower than IE in CE5.0 device (local brand) WM6.5 IE seems have lower performance about rendering things. Do you have like this issue? Any good idea to overcome this issue? Thanks in advance. - Jaehoon -

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jaehoon Lee

I checked more. SAP ITS create HTML code via JAVA conversion application. The HTML code is available for All devices(like PC, CE5.0,...) And actually the conversion module need to get update for support latest broswer , device,...  But no more update anymore. Therefore the code is not optimized for WM6.5 IE and heavy. And WM6.5 IE uses more resource for rendering and other things. Curretnly, customer created very simple page to insert Barcode data only. (removed other query or else) Speed performance was improved, however randomly WM6.5 IE loose Login credntial. While CE 5.0 IE(local brand device) has no problem at all. Any guess ?

S Steve Haller

Yes, we have seen this, and from the experienced SAP / ITS Mobile Integrator we consulted on this, it is known that ITS Mobile performance is quite slow on Microsoft Browsers in some environments.  In our case, we tried both MC9190 WM and CE, with the MS browser, and then went to the Wavelink Industrial browser which resulted in a significant increase in performance.  Paul Pandelidis on my team can provide additional information if required.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?