Symbol Scanners LS2208 and LS4278

// Expert user has replied.
C Christian Nicholson 3 years 5 months ago
4 3 0

We use Symbol LS2208 and LS4278 barcode scanners.  Some of our workstations were recently update with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS.  Is there a Windows 7 64 bit driver and COM Port Emulator available? 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

C Christian Nicholson

This fix worked for the LS2208, however it did not work for the LS4278.  We also have a DS6707, which I just tried. Both the LS4278 and DS6707 let me install the driver and set the com port.  They will not scan the barcode.  I was told that all of these scanners were sent in for firmware updates.   I've tried removing the device, restarting the computer, the adding the device.  Any suggestions? Is there a way to confirm that the scanners have had the firmware upgrade? Thank you for your time and the help you have already given, Chris

C Cristiano Comandini

Regarding the LS4278, as for every wireless scanners, is the cradle that have to support the CDC setting. At the moment, and how is reported in the CDC list of supported scanners, the only cradle available for the LS4278 is the CR0078.

C Cristiano Comandini

USB CDC Host enables scanners to communicate with applications on serial COM port emulation using a USB port and supports Windows 7 64 bit. http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k…...

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?