Citrix on the MC9190 vs Citrix on the MC9090

J JON PREEDY 3 years ago
6 2 0

All... Wondering if you can help me (because the Citrix website has decided that it doesn't like me). I have a customer who has recently rolled out MC9190s. They are ready to throw them back at us, as they are reporting that the performance (specifically scanning) is "significantly worse" than their legacy MC9090s. I've got DataWedge tweaked to the utmost, and cannot see a difference in local testing so the only variable I can think of is the version of Citrix/OS version causing issues. Does anyone have any experience with this that they can share? Many thanks as always! -JP

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

B Bruce Olson

Has there been any movement on this topic?  I have a deal for both the MC9190 and VC70 that will likely require the citrix solution as their app is being written using Java.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

JP - Did you find a resolution to your Citrix issue on the MC9190?  We just found the same issue on the VC70.  The Citrix client drops characters that are sent by the scanner.   It doesn't matter if you set an Intercharacter Delay on the scanner or if you're using the scanner in USB HID or Serial SSI mode.  We've been able to reproduce the problem on the VC70, MC92 (CE7), and MC9190 (CE6).  It looks like a possible compatibility problem with the Citrix client and CE6/CE7. Did you find a patch or updated Citrix client that resolved the issue?  The Citrix CE6 client they have posted on their website won't run on our CE6/CE7 devices so we have to use the CE5 version.  We have an 1800 unit VC70 deal on the line and this is a show stopper. Thanks, Ken

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?