Remote Desktop using double click in an application

// Expert user has replied.
M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
4 3 0

I have a customer who is using RDP to run a manufacturing control program from a group of MC55A0's. When they launch RDP the first step is to launch an application. That is done using a double click on the server screen application icon and works as expected. As they work through the application they have a specific section where the next step in the application requires a double click to proceeed. If I double click from the screen using the stylus, the application does not recognize the double click, but if I double click from a PC keyboard connected to the MC55 via active sync the application recognizes the double click...single clicks work correctly at all stages of the application Any Ideas

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

there is hotfix for the similar issue with CE6 RDP client http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k… worth to investigate with support

E Evgene Vigoutov

CE fix can not be used for WM. it should be taken separate, MS ticket shoudl be opened, etc.. If it is real customer issue (they need it), please, open SPR

J Jesse Spence

Just a thought...  Can they highlight the icon on the server/screen and press enter on the MC55 keyboard?  That should produce a "double click"... Jesse

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?