downgrade MC55A0 WM6.1

W Willem Meerhoff 3 years 5 months ago
11 6 0

Hi Does anyone know if it`s possible to downgrade the MC55A0 to WM 6.1. I have an application that only runs on WM 6.1 kind regards, Willem

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

W Willem Meerhoff

Hi  thank you very much. I`ve requested a sw download at support central. It`s not the most easy way ,  Let you know the result. kind regards, Willem

W Willem Meerhoff

Hi Tried it with  55x4w65LenUG033804.zip but same error. seems this is for mc5574. Did you use it on a mc55a0? Looks like the mc55A0 can`t be downgraded. thanks anyway kind regards, Willem

W Willem Meerhoff

Hi Ibex solutions  thanks for the quick respons. Where can i find these up- downgrade package zip file. I got them for MC5590, but can`t find them for MC55A0 kind regards, Willem

M Magdy Fayez

Hi it's too big to send it to you, also, i dont have the link to download it. but try to search and download this 55x4w65LenUG033804.zip it contains the update and the downgrade.

W Willem Meerhoff

Hi  Some more information: I already downgrade mc5590 with wm 6.5 to 6.1 for the same reason (application doesn`t run). Now i`ve tried the same on the mc55A0 and get this error: Update error error during update: image file 55xxw61xxpt00001.sig cause: invalid verification data in image(s) function : parselmsglist line 2117 hr:0x80004005, Getlast Error:0  kind regards, Willem

M Magdy Fayez

WM6.1 ßà WM6.5 Upgrade/Downgrade Instructions

Steps to perform Upgrade/Downgrade along with \Application data backup option:

Setting up \Application data backup -Optional: If Application data backup is needed the User has to create a folder namely ‘AppBackup’ in \Application partition and copy/move the required files to this folder (‘\Application\AppBackup’) The folder structure and contents of ‘\Application\AppBackup’ Folder will be restored to Application partition root ‘ \Application’ post upgrade/downgrade,  Atleast 10MB of data can be preserved across upgrade/downgrade.
Copy the Upgrade/Downgrade Package zip file contents to the device ‘\Temp’ or ‘\Storage Card’. If properly copied the user should be able to see all the files in the root of the \Temp partition or root of the \Storage Card (ex: filename_size.txt, WM6_Update.exe and so on)
Run ‘WM6_Update.exe’ on the device

Notes:

Storage Card Upgrade/Downgrade - Upgrade from 4GB/8GB Storage Cards is supported only on BSP35 release. On BSP27 and previous releases only 2GB and lesser capacity Storage cards are supported. There should be atleast 100MB of free space available in the ‘Storage  card’ after Upgrade Package contents are copied
The Upgrade/Downgrade will be done in 3 steps, the device will warmboot when each step is completed.
Ideally the entire Upgrade/Downgrade process will be complete within 10 mins.(This might vary depending on the size of the data the user needs to backup)
If some of the files are not backed up due to space constraint, the list of files that are not copied will be present in \Application\AppBackupErrorLog.txt post upgrade/downgrade
It is recommended to use only the Motorola Approved Storage cards for Upgrade/Downgrade procedure. Performing Upgrade/Downgrade procedure on non Motorola Approved Storage cards might lead to longer durations to complete the procedure.
It is recommended to keep the device connected to AC Power for the entire duration of the procedure and to use sufficiently charged  Main battery (backup battery also  if applicable)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?