Back Softkey

// Expert user has replied.
E Emerson Espínola 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Hi all, Our application has 3 screens: splash screen, main screen and a survey screen. But it is One Single Page application, i.e. those screens are in DIVs. When we press the back softkey of the android tablet we would like to be able to change from one view to another. However we can't handle the press event when it's fired. In Ruby the command "render" says where to go when pressing Back. For instance: render :back => '/app'. Instead of setting the address (/app), we have tried to set a function that should be called when Back softkey was pressed, for example: render :back => url_for(:action => :goBack), where goBack (code below) would call a javascript function called changePage(). This function is responsible for hiding one view and show another. def goBack   WebView.execute_js("
changePage();") end However when we hide one DIV and show another the screen gets black. It's like it's not being loading any page.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

A Allan Herrod

This forum is for the Motorola Mobility Services Platform (MSP) which is Motorola's Mobile Device Management System (MDM), which is why I say nobody on this forum can likely answer questions about using RhoElements on a specific device. You can either post you questions in the Public - Mobile Computers forum or, perhaps a more effective way to get your questions answered is to post them on the LaunchPad site which is highly RhoElements focussed.  You can join LaunchPad at the following URL: http://developer.motorolasolutions.com

A Allan Herrod

I think you posted this in the wrong forum.  Nobody in this forum is likely to be able to answer your question.

E Emerson Espínola

Which forum do you suggest me to ask this question? Thanks.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?