MC9190 - Need to cold boot via XML

// Expert user has replied.
J Justin Salvage 3 years ago
11 2 0

MC9190 CE6 Customer uses SOTI to remotely cold boot terminals. Within SOTI, customer would typically send the following script/command to cold boot MC9090 (CE5) device... "reset /h" However, this same command that successfully cold booted MC9090 CE5 units no longer cold boots MC9190 CE6 units (it instead performs a warm boot).  The customer went back to SOTI for further support and they replied with the following...
Some Motorola devices require a cold boot to be done via XML.  For faster results, you can contact Motorola Support directly and ask them for the XML file and we can provide the script for you to use it in MobiControl: (xmlconfig)

If you would like more details on the xmlconfig script – or any other scripts, please feel free to consult the script command set via the online help located: http://www.soti.net/mc/help/v9.03/en/Content/Manager/Helpdesk/ScriptCmd…
In summary, can anyone provide an XML file that will cold boot an MC9190 CE6 terminal?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Justin Salvage

I am still looking for an XML (script) file that would cold boot an MC9190 device. Is there anyone that can help provide me with such a file to the customer?

C Charles Malm

I personally have not heard of "cold booting via XML" on "some motorola devices". Specifically, we do not have an application on any of our devices that would receive and process an XML document for this purpose. You may want to get in touch with the SOTI support contact that provided this information to find out what it is they are positing here.  That said, this appears to me to be related to SPR 18320 where, on the MC3190 MPA2.0 device, a new value for the IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT "constant" for cold booting was provided. To confirm this, you will need to test the original sample from that SPR on the MC9190 device and confirm that it is in fact only warm booting the terminal. Then try the new value and confirm the cold boot begins working.   Assuming this turns out to be the case, inform the customer that the application receiving this 'reset /h' command will need to be updated with the new value.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?