Vocellect Client on WT connecting to existing backend

// Expert user has replied.
J Jesse Spence 3 years 5 months ago
14 2 0

Hello... I have a large customer that currently uses voice picking in some of their operations.  They use Vocollect t2x & t5 devices.  Doing some research for another opportunity, I came across this: http://www.intermec.com/vocollect/solutions/solution-configurations-int…

At the bottom it says this:

In addition to Vocollect's own total solutions, Vocollect also supports the use of scanners and displays. Vocollect Voice is available on mobile computing devices from the top four handheld providers: Intermec, Psion, Motorola, and LXE. So, with that, I know very little about Vocollect and how it works.  When I talked to my customer about using the WT4090 for instance, he was concerned about "if" there was a client and if any backend programming or infrastructure changes would need to happen for the WT4090 to work properly.  Any thoughts on this?  Is there a Vocollect client to load onto the WT40XX?  If so, what kind of configuration and function challenges would they have in order to use the WT to connect to their current voice picking infrastructure? Thanks for any feedback that can be provided... Jesse

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jesse Spence

Thanks for the reply... So I just found out their backend/ WMS is:  Dematic - is this still possible to setup the WT4XXX on this system? Thanks...

M Malcolm Flood

Jesse Quick answer. Yes there is a Vocollect client to load onto the 4090. But its hungry. If they have 4090s they will need the 128/128 version (to hold the language files etc). The voice is processed by the 4090 and transmitted over the WLAN as data...if they only have the 64mb flash version they will have problems. The client 'learns' the users voice pattern in a short training session...this profile is on the server. Voice picking is an add onto the warehouse management solution, so you/the customer would need to work with them (eg Red Prairie, Manhatten) to enable this capability. If they already use text/scanned directed picking, they may find only very minimal improvements in accuracy and productivity. The VoCollect licenses are not cheap. Wavelink have just launhed a voice picking add on to their telnet client called speakeasy...from what I can agther so far, it just converts the existing text screens into speach. Voxware is another alternative solution. The attached are old, but maybe useful background. Ken Crafton in the US helped me a few years back when I last did anything on this. The win with our hardware is that we are ONE device for scan, text AND voice directed picking and the wearable can be worn on the wrist, hip, belt etc Hope this gives you something to go on.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?