ET1N2 dialer

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Team, Customer is looking for a tablet for data and voice comms over WAN. By voice I mean "normal" cell calls. We position ET1N2 as data only - is it hardware or software limitation? If later - is there any dialer app to be used wit ET1N2 to make cell calls? Thanks, Valery

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

Y Yoseff Zlotnick

ET1N2 WAN radio is data only by HW, There is no way to add any call applet. This kind of change requires additional regulation approval, which the ET1N2 doesn't have.

E Efkan YILMAZ

So if we had the regulatory approval - what it takes to enable voice? New hardware or just an update to wan radio module firmware? Customer is EMS - the Express mail division of Russian Post and they're looking for devices for their couriers. They like ET1 form-factor and feature set but - couries make voice calls to customers to agree on delivery or pick-up time so they're looking for single device for both data and voice...

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Valery,  Have you tried Skype with Skype Credit in order to make calls to mobile/fixed numbers? I think this would work OK on a 3G WAN connection but have not tried it on the ET1N2 myself. Best Regards, Ian Hatton

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?