AP7131 with External Antennas

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Hi I need to install APs Motorola with external antennas. I will use it in Outdoor inside a sealed box. I need to cover about 300 meters in directional way. Line of sight. It would be a AP (Motorola) installed in one tower and one AP client (no Motorola) installed inside of one train. This AP will have to antennas installed in the roof of the train. I am looking fot the compatible antennas for this AP but I have some questions I need to buy 3 antennas? I see in Motorola the ML-2452-PNL9M3-036 MIMO.  Is this antenna the right one for this AP?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Arsen Bandurian

You can set AP radio MIMO mode to 1x1 limiting it to a single antenna (port A, I believe). search for '1x1' in the Reference Guide or CLI Guide.

V Virgil Evans

The antenna you mentioned in your first request will support MIMO. Typically with the directional antennas that support 802.11n MIMO, they will have multiple leads to connect to the antenna connectors on the AP. Thus, one antenna replaces multiple antennas. Its hard to say as you did not reference the AP model you are using, but as long as your directional antenna supports MIMO, you'll be ok and YES, one antenna (with multiple connectors) will work.

P Pablo Moriconi

Hi, the model of the Access Point is AP7131 I can get the AP but is dificult here to get the Motorola antennas That´s why I am thinking about to get the Antennas in a local provider. All the antennas I see here doesn´t came with MIMO. Like I said in the second post, I need directional and omni antennas I like to see if I can use "Primary Only" Antenna in the AP7131. One single antena connected to the Port1. I know I will loose the power of MIMO. We import the AP´s to our country but the last time we request an antenna it did not arrive. I don´t have to much time.

P Pablo Moriconi

Can I use one single antenna (deactivating MIMO)? I will use 2 or 3 AP7131 but in some cases I will need to install Omni directional antennas and in other cases I need directional antennas. I will try some antennas like Pacific Wireless or Hyperlink

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?