RFS Floorplans Folder

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

Does anyone know what the flash:/floorplans folder is used for on the RFS WiNG 5.4.1?  Wondering if it can be used to actually store floorplans for the Network View Dashboard, and if so is there documentation someplace? Thanks, Mike

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

K Kevin Marshall

I believe there is also a guide posted on the field enablement web-site @ http://compass.mot-solutions.com/web/wlan that covers this. Regards, Kevin

J Jared Ebel

Mike-- This directory can be used to store floor plan images in .jpg format which, as you suggested, can be used to display AP locations on the floor plan in addition to coverage heat maps in the Network View of the Dashboard.  There is no documentation on this feature currently, as I believe it is not officially supported and only a 'demo' feature.  The procedure to set it up is as follows: 1.  Load the .jpg into the flash:/floorplans directory. 2.  From the CLI, define the file path of the floorplan for the rf-domain.       If you have the rf-domain separated into multiple areas, you can set a floorplan per area with:        (config-rf-domain-)#layout area inside map-location ST129-floorplan.jpg units feet.        (config-rf-domain-)#layout area outside map-location ST129-siteplan.jpg units feet.      If the rf-domain is just one area, set the floorplan with:        (config-rf-domain-)#layout map-location ST129-floorplan.jpg units feet. 3.  Navigate in the UI to the Dashboard > Network View.  Selecting the rf-domain/area, you will now see the floorplan and options to place the APs within the rf-domain/area.  Place the AP on the floorplan and save. 4.  You'll now see the AP's X&Y coordinates in the config as a device override.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thanks, Jared - that sounds perfect, I'll check it out.  Thanks for the detailed instructions!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?