MC40 wireless turning off

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

All, Has anyone seen instances of MC40s turning their wireless radio off? I have a customer doing an in store trial with a device in 2 separate stores. The devices are locked down with the Enterprise Home Screen so the users (store managers) can't access the settings and within 48 hours of them being deployed the radios appear to have turned off on both devices. Rebooting or recharging the units doesn't make any different and obviously the users can't get access to the settings to turn the wireless back on. Anyone got any thoughts on what could be causing it and what I can do to stop it happening? Thanks IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

C Christopher Sather

If your device goes into critical suspend, the device will resume with the radio disabled.  It also can happen if the wifi sleep policy is set to never disable.  This happened on both the ET1 and MC40. For the MC40, it was fixed with this CQ [CQCM] SR EMBPD00084974 [F][-] - [BETA] MC40 WLAN disabled after Critical Suspend,   Contact Venkey to see if this patch is released into a BSP yet. For the ET1, it was fixed via SPR 23315.

I Ian Jobson

Gents thanks for the replies. We are using the latest OS so it looks like the bug you have highlighted. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way I can wait till April for a fix, its not practical at all. These are out in a customer environment locked down so the users are unable to access the settings to switch the wireless back on. I can't expose the settings because that will just lead to further problems. Can you provide a patch / fix for the issue outside of the standard BSP process? IJ

V Venkateshan Ramasubramanian

What BSP are you using? This is a bug in our Rev A OS, 1117 OS. We have a fix for it that will be released as part of Next Rev Release, planned for early April.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?