Fusion roaming on Aruba WLAN

I Ian Jobson 3 years 1 month ago
0 0 0

All, I have a customer that has been deploying MC55s and MC55As for the last 3 years. Originally they tested on a Moto WLAN infrastructure and had no problems, however, the partner they selected decided to deploy Aruba and they have had issues ever since. Every 6 months or so we get pulled in and told they are having problems, and I spend 2 days on site highlighting all the things they still haven't resolved since my last visit!!! However, one thing that they keep coming back to (I suspect because their Aruba team keep throwing it over the fence) is that our devices are too "sticky" and are not roaming when there are access points with better signal available. They have asked me again whether we can change the roaming parameters - I have again said no, and in response they have asked the following;

What is the signal strength when the device starts looking for a better signal / AP e.g. -60db
How often would the device check for a better signal – e.g. every 100ms, 1000ms
If the above is to frequent would this hinder performance
The signal strength when the device actually decides to move e.g. -70
How long after the signal strength exceeds its lowest level does the device take to another AP with a stronger signal e.g. 1ms, 10ms, 100ms
What is the delta setting between overlapping AP signals -  if I have two AP’s and the HHT is connected to an AP with a signal strength of -72db and the adjacent AP has a signal strength of -71db would the HHT still move e.g. delta setting of +- 3db

Could you confirm if the MC55AO device also supports and is configured to use 802.11K

Can anyone provide me some proper corporate answers on the above and also give me any idea on whether there is anything we should be cogniscent  of inparticular when operating in an Aruba environment.
Thanks IJ

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?