Identify Devices

a albos computer 3 years 5 months ago
54 7 0

I am looking for a way to identify multiple devices via a number. So I was trying to get the IMEI number of a device by using the EMDK for .NET. Does anyone know how I can get the IMEI or a similar number to identify a device? Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

You can get the serial number separately from the UUID Look in the help file for Electronic Serial Number (ESN) - its in the resource cordinator. Most terminals now fully support this.

a albos computer

Thank you very much for help. It worked well.

a albos computer

I'm sorry but I need your help again, to identify a device. I need the serialnumber and I thought i can get it out of the uuid. Is there a way to get the serialnumber of the device by using the emdk?

G Gabor Szeles

As I know, there is no possibility to get the S/N from UUID. BR, G.

a albos computer

Thank you for you quick answer. It worked but when I convert the byte array to a string it doesn't match with the UUID displayed by my device. Is this correct or do I convert the array in the wrong way? I attached a screenshot were you can see the byte array. 

G Gabor Szeles

Hi Albos, Use this code:         public String GetDeviceUUID()         {             Symbol.ResourceCoordination.TerminalInfo t = new Symbol.ResourceCoordination.TerminalInfo();             String UUID;             if (t.UniqueUnitID != null)                 UUID = BitConverter.ToString(t.UniqueUnitID, 0, 16);             else                 UUID = "";             return UUID.Replace("-", "");         }

Regards, G.

G Gabor Szeles

You can use Symbol.ResourceCoordination.TerminalInfo class and UniqueUnitID (UUID). Regards, G.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?