Need for Multi-slot ethernet cradle

// Expert user has replied.
A Al Henneborn 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

For next gen products in the Line Worker Family (MC1, MC3, MC9), if we offer a single slot Ethernet cradle, is a multi-slot needed also?  If so, why?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Al Agree with Juergen and think in retail its more single slots - but a lot of industrial customers are / have moving to outsourced IT - and generally they charge by the managed IP port and also don't allow anyone else to manage switches inside the estate - so going in and saying I will now need 16 IP ports instead of 1 will kill any bid dead - thats why the daisy chain option exists on the 4 slot's as it makes 4 of them still look like a single item .... - of course if they charge by the IP address then it's less so - same applies to power but its not running management charges but initial install of the 16 mains plugs that costs - minor fact is also that single slots have non-latching power and 4 slots lock in   Like Bill I still hanker after the rack system .... My $.02 Neil

W William Perryman

I have many customers that use them to save space and power in warehouses etc. I say yes we need to still make them for that reason line. Since we never expanded the "Back Office Management" to include all products in a Rack System.....

J Juergen Schirp

Within retail and store environments single slot at my customers are preferred, within retail and warehouse environments multislots are preferred as William wrote because of space and connections (power, ethernet). Is there an option for daisy chaining of single slots with a different bigger powersupply?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?