Image Capture

M Magdy Fayez 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Dear All anyone has Motorola Software to Capture image, Settings and registry from Motorola Devices WM6.1 or WM6.5 and put it other Motorola WM6.1 or WM6.5? i Tried the Motorola Capture Software, but it doesn't give me the expected results.... Thank you

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

L Lodi van Elswijk

One tool that I use on a regular basis is SSnap. It's an easy-to-use tool that will take a snapshot of your device's file system and registry, among others. Note that the tool will not make copies of the actual files on your device; instead it generates a list of the file system contents. So it's not a full-blown solution that will copy a complete image from one device to another, but rather a tool that can help you in creating images. The way I suggest to use it:

Take a device with a factory default configuration.
Use SSnap to take a 'before' snapshot.
Install the applications you need and configure your device so it's ready to use.
Use SSnap to take the 'after' snapshot.
Use a text comparison (e.g. ExamDiff) tool to get the differences between the snapshots, and identify the files and registry changes you need.
Build your image using the results of the previous step.

You can download the tool from the following link: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Enhancements/SSnap-9… Like I said, it may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it should help you get the results you want.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?