CE7 - GPD Files

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

March 13, 2013 case 2796359 WT41N0 CE7 Helping customer create custom airbeam package. AppVar has following questions about GPD files "

I found that the GPD folder is part of the default OS image.  -  What is it and what are the .gpd files inside and are they needed if I am going to create a custom application partition?  - They seem to be related to the Fusion driver.  How does the new export of the wireless config and profiles work?  It does not seem to generate .reg files anymore.

" I told the var "

the file name is .GPD_export but after it imports the first time it changes the file name to .GPD_export_imported

", as p er wireless group but he is asking for additional information. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

D David Meyer

The GPD folder is not for end user use.  This is managed by Fusion and encrypted per device.  This folder contains files for Fusion to coldboot (or clean boot) persist settings, profiles, options, certs and PACs. The cold boot/clean boot persistence per device is now maintained by Fusion automatically. If they are looking to create settings on one device and export them for the purpose of importing them on other devices (or merge them on an initial deployment), they should export manually through Fusion to create the gpdexport file.  Then they can use that file by placing it in \Application on all the other devices.  On the other devices you can either manually import the file through Fusion, or perform a cold boot on CE (or clean boot on WM) to cause an automatic import. The file's extension changes after one import because Fusion's internal handling of persistence prevents the need from importing again on a subsequent clean or cold boot. One other note is that during export, most customers should use the checkbox for "overwrite conflicting records" to ensure that the import will take place.  For instance, any changes to the options on a device prior to importing will mean the exported options "conflict" with the options already modified on the device, so this checkbox will determine which settings take priority.  Also, if the same profile exists in the export and within the device (that is the same profile based on an internal GUID, not by the profile name) exists, this would be a conflict also.  Selecting overwrite conflicting records ensures that the gpdexport file takes priority over the existing settings of the device. This is generally explained in the Fusion X2.00 users guide, but as of last week that wasn't officially released.  I will double check on that again and if it still isn't released, I will push for the final sign-off.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?