RS507 to ET1

// Expert user has replied.
M Michael Holman 3 years 5 months ago
2 3 0

I am trying to get the RS507 to send the ENTER key after the scan. Seems easy enough right?  Can't make it happen for the life of me. Did Scan Suffix - 7 0 1 3 - 1 Tried 1 - Scan Suffix 1 - 7013 Has someone send me a SCAN123 PDF with Scan Suffix - 7 0 1 3 - 1 This is supposed to work on everything.  Nothing - in fact I lose connection when I scan that one. Can anyone explain how to append ENTER to a scan from the RS507 attched to ET1 as HID device?   Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Michael Holman

Thanks for the feedback. I have tried using the barcodes in the manual.  There is but no "ENTER" barcode.  There is Scan Suffix 1 as well. The chart for CR/LF says use 7013.  So I scan then 7 then 0 then 1 then 3. I get a happy beep so I think I am doing it right, but alas, when I scan into Wavelink it will not send the data to the host without manually pressing enter on the soft keyboard.  SCAN123 says do  Scan Suffix 1  -  7013  -   Again, I get a happy beep but no ENTER is sent. I have tried every sensible combination possible without success. I am using a DOC written by Chris Sather which got me connected and scanning into ET1 without an issue.  All I am trying to do now is add ENTER to the scan. His document uses  (optional) but doesn't elaborate on the use of Suffix. Thanks again for your feedback.

C Chris Matheson

Have you tried setting Auto Send Scans within Wavelink? Might only work for 5250/3270. You could also try setting up a Data Wedge profile and set Send Enter Key from the Basic Data Formatting in the profile. I've haven't used a RS507 with ET1 but this worked using camera and scanner module.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Michael, try to use the standard configuration using the barcode manual...Scan option-datasuffix-Enter. Bye

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?