RDP from desktop to VC70?

// Expert user has replied.
M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
33 7 0

My customer would like to RDP from his desktop to the VC70. When he attampts to connect a message indicating that  Remote Access to the server is disabled (attached screen shot).  Has anyone found a way to enable the RDP service on the VC70? Traditionally we have done this with MSP Remote control. The customer has not deployed an MDM solution at this point  Note--The RDP client on the VC70 works as expected to conenct to a Microsoft server with RDP enabled

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

M Michael Holman

It actually does work over WLAN. You need to enter the following registry entry into the CE device. I used IP address of my PC. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CERDISP] "Hostname"=" nameoftheserver " Then launch ASRDisp.exe on your PC and ignore the errors. Then launch cerdisp2.exe on the device. I tried it for the heck of it and lo and behold!!

M Marcus Kurath

It actually works better than that...when I launched cerdisp2.exe, the screen that opened allowed me to set the IP destination...I did not even need to set th ereg key in advance

M Marcus Kurath

I created a cab file and some instructions for using ASRD to control a remote Mobile Computing device over IP. Thanks to all who sent information on this topic

M Michael Holman

I use the attached for remote access via Activesync.   There is a batch file to automate the connection to the remote device. Ignore the unknown CPU message. I just tested it on 92N0 CE7 device and it works fine. Not sure how to make it work over a WiFi connection.

M Marcus Kurath

Mike Thanks for the newer version..it worked as you describe on USB..but it does not have IP capabilities. A tech named Riad Benallou provided me with an Everywan product which also allowed me to remote control via Active sync. The Everywan also has registry editing capabilites

J John Thurmes

Not inherently. Windows CE has an RDP client, meaning you can connect to anotehr PC, but no RDP host. You might be able to make use of the Remote Desktop tool known as CERDISP, which comes with Platform Builder (and IIRC the PowerToys for WinMo). http://superuser.com/questions/405475/how-to-remote-desktop-rdp-from-win...

M Marcus Kurath

John Thanks for the direction.. I downloaded the the CERDisplay program from Naurtech and also tried MyMobiler. MyMobiler worked over IP on an MC9190WEH, but it would not work on either the MC9190 CE6 or the VC70 CE7. I did not try the Naurtech program on WM, but it would not work on either Ce6 or CE7... I'll advise if I have any success...

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?