Integrated mapping in MSP

L Lodi van Elswijk 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

In MSP, the Data Collection Control module can be used to track a device's position using its GPS antenna. When I was attending the MSP Admin training, we were shown a screenshot in which Google Maps was integrated in MSP; in other words, the Device Detail page included a map showing the last recorded positions of the device. From what we were told in the training, when you enable the GPS functionality in the MSP Admin tool, the system will an API key from Google, and once the key has been received the maps will be displayed. The functionality should be available in version 3.3.1 of MSP, which is what we are using. The admin tool also hints at this (see the attached screenshot). We have enabled the GPS data collection and set up a collection request that collects the data from our devices, but I can't get the maps to be shown. All I see when using either the View GPS Data or Current Collected GPS options on the Device Detail page is a table with the raw GPS data (screenshot attached). I cannot find any information about the mapping integration in the help files or guides. I have looked into the MSP code, and there are two files (GPSDataView.aspx and GPSDataView2.aspx) that seem to use the Google Maps and Yahoo! Maps APIs. So there are several indications that the functionality is indeed included. Does anyone know if this is actually working in MSP 3.3.1 and if so, how we can get it to work? If not, is it available in a newer release?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

P Pablo Moriconi

Hi did you find a solution? If so, could you shared with us? Best regards

L Lodi van Elswijk

Hi Pablo, unfortunately I have nothing to share. I haven't been able to get a clear answer from Motorola and I've given up on trying to figure it out myself. And now, with Motorola partnering up with SOTI to provide MobiControl on their enterprise mobile hardware, I think it is safe to assume that MSP has been abandoned and is not being developed any further. So I'm not expecting a new release addressing this. My guess is that if you need the integrated mapping, you're going to have to build it yourself, probably using the MSP developer's kit. However, getting your hands on this kit is also nearly impossible.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?