Enable vibration on scanner decode

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Zabroski 3 years 5 months ago
89 6 0

Is there anyway on the MC75A0 to enable the vibration of a good decode from the imager?  I know you can do this in DataWedge but we are controlling imager from application.  Would like a regkey if possible.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

The only way this can be done without changing the application (I think) is to have an app that eves drops on the barcodes scanned and then starts the vibrator.  I have written a script that does this - works on the MC75A.  The script is below.  I suggest that you only use this as proof of concept and either change the main application or write an application that does what the script does (its a very simple app) - ideally write as a service so it does not use a process slot. OnEvesDropScanner GOSUB ONEvesDropScanner Sleep INFINITE :END :ONEvesDropScanner     NLED LED=6 ONOFFBLINK=2 DURATION=1000     RETURN

E Efkan YILMAZ

I have written an app that will vibrate on scan.  Start the app in the ZIP - accept the usage conditions. When a barcode is scanned it will vibrate - some config settings in registry. If using on other terminals you will need to change a registry setting nLED under HKLM\software\motorola\VibrateOnScan\  For MC45 the value is 4 (MC75A is 6) No support for this app - so please do not email me.

C Charles Zabroski

Where in CTLPanel do you set the vibration feature to the good decode of the imager?

M Marcus Kurath

I did not check if the tool had the ability to set vibration. It is the tool that is generally used to config the cscanner when not using datawedge. I took a closer look at the tool and could not find the vibrate parameters..It might be worthwhile to check with support or support.symbol.com to see if there is a newer version. In the zip file there is a manual for use of the tool.

V Vojtech Draxl

Hello Charles, this can be configured in DataWedge, there are following options Beeper LED WaveFile Vibrator (Vibrate Duration can be set in ms) You can search in DataWedge help file for "feedback", see attached the screenshot. Vojta

M Marcus Kurath

When the scanner is controlled by the an API instead of Datawedge, changes in the scan parameters are made using the attached CTL panel app.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?