MC45 - no fast scrolling?

// Expert user has replied.
R Roland Rozsa 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

On MC45 I can not scroll up and down fastly, but only one row by row. Has anyone encountered this issue? On ES400 fast scroll was possible. There are applications where fast scrolling is indispensable. Pls advise how to enable it. Thanks Roland

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Roland Rozsa

Hi Kjell, Yes! Exactly. Pls send me the cab file (or post it), I will give it try. Many thanks Roland

K Kjell Lloyd

If you are by meaning to keep the down or up key pressed and then auto scroll in a listview (e.g. File explorer)? We did a CPR (7968) named Key repeat for MC65 to achieve this. You might have to do a CPR for MC45 aswell. Anywya if you want I can send you the CPR cab file for MC65 and you can then try it on MC45 it might work (it is only on the up and down keys that is supported for key repeat).

H Herbert de Jong

guys, a CPR is always made using an certain DLL from an certain OEM and date and is an static file afterwards, and is meant to be used on a static OEM version of an customer. And in this case most likely the keypad driver was taken and a repeat function added. so it means that the fixes on keypad driver done afterwards are missed on the this CPR cab file. also if an new OEM comes out the CPR might be re-used to get an updated CAB as well. it also is an CPR and only to be given to the customer signign the CPR 'read the instructions and the agreement the custoner signed when getting the CPR' by passing around CPR  files around the TA community you might win a deal but it will bite back in the future. it will not be the first time that we find CPR file outdated to be staged on newer OEM version causing issues or we find them on not listed customers.

H Herbert de Jong

Hi Roland, MC45 and MC65 ES400 are Qualcomm based and it is a limitation on the keydriver design that the down / up keys are not repeating. ES400 doen have designated  down / up arrow keys so wonder what you mean exactly by scrolling down. MC65 it was SPR21418

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?