MC65 - intermittent scanner issues

// Expert user has replied.
R Reginald Corpuz 3 years 5 months ago
3 4 0

1) Time/Date - 5/2/13, 1:30 PM 2) Response time - 4 hours 3) Product - MC65 4) OS Version - BSP41 5) Clarify Case # 2829789 Customer has been reporting a lot of lockups on the MC65, was advised to transitioned to BSP41 but it has been slow.  End user reported an intermittent scanner issue and had to reboot to recover.  Sounds like an application (tpMobile) issue but I can't pinpoint where it is.  Can somebody review the attached eMscript logs?  Customer/TA comment
Emscript (“S96985_2013-05-01-eMscript”) that shows not a complete device freeze, but intermittent scanner issues.  Here’s the customer comment:

"User experienced extremely slow scanning.  Red scanner light quit coming on @ 3rd stop.  Did reboot - fixed problem, then had to reboot @ every stop to get scanner to work.  Also had tpMobile 11 code error @ end of day”

(Stop 3 was at 06:34:24)

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

D David Meyer

The SSID characters are just a bug in emscript where emscript does not properly convert the SSID to a string.  The SSID is actually (by design) a 32 byte buffer which is not null terminated, so the consumer (emscript in this case) needs to copy the length of the SSID from this buffer to another buffer and null terminate it prior to printing, but emscript didn't do this.  This is not causing actual problems with the device.

D David Meyer

For device 589, the unit was getting taken off the cradle a little before the reboot, but I also noticed a second IP address at that time.. It seems the user may have just walked into WiFi coverage while they had been out of coverage all day.  Possibly the application isn't handling this well. I don't notice anything else significant at this point around that lockup.

R Reginald Corpuz

Thanks Dave.

R Reginald Corpuz

NEED A FEEDBACK PLEASE: I just added two more eMScript logs of lock up examples:  S97589_2013-05-02-eMscript.zip and S00001_2013-05-02-eMscript.zip.

001:  Example of lockup overnight, only powering on after reboot.   Interesting Resource logs… There may be a battery charging issue here(?), as it appears one battery first drains completely to 0 (though shouldn’t it power down before then?).  Then in the morning (5/2 4:22), with a new battery the eMscript log appears to be corrupted, mismatching garbage characters in the SSID.  Any idea what those garbage ESSID characters might be – could they somehow be causing the MC65 problems?

589:  Lockup during normal use. For the 589 log – the driver was using the app from 2:02 until about 10:15 where some unexpected event happens.  He’s able to get back in by 10:19.

Anything back yet on the 985 log (below) where they saw the slow scanning?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?