Unsanctioned client detection with Base WIPS/Advanced WIPS

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoshihiro Sato 3 years 5 months ago
4 2 0

Hi I need your side input. Can Base WIPS detect the unsanctioned client? How about Advanced WIPS with RFS? I know this can be done through ADSP. However, I am not sure this can be done, although I looked through the configuration for Base WIPS/Advanced WIPS. Also how can we use the device categorization, especially for Base WIPS? Your side input would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

C Chris Frazee

Hello Sato-san,       From what I can tell, the Base WIPS will not detect unsanctioned clients. Advanced WIPS should, using unsanctioned bridge. The definition for "Unsanctioned Bridge" is: Unsanctioned activity includes events for devices participating in unsanctioned communication in your airspace. Though it's not exactly like ADSP, this will probably work. As for Device Categorization, this can be applied to both Based and Advanced WIPS, You would want to add all of the AP MAC Addresses (I assume radios), as well as wireless clients that should be sanctioned and site neighbors should be added. This will mitigate any unnecessary unsanctioned AP alarms.  I don't know of many customers that are actually using this feature. Possibly we have some account teams that do have customers using this feature and can their findings. Chris Frazee 

Y Yoshihiro Sato

Hi Chris-san Thank you for your attention and input, which is especially for “Unsanctioned Bridge”. I will try by myself as long as possible. #Also please respond to another query, which I will post later, if you have the information. Hi all Again please tell me your any input through your activity till now. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards Sato

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?