Is it possible to MAP a network drive using Windows Embedded Handheld (WM6.5)

// Expert user has replied.
M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
23 5 0

Does anyone know the process for mapping a network drive from an MC9500? Cuistomer question below-------------- Do you know if Windows Embedded *REQUIRES* netbios for mapping network shared drives?  I have been unable to get a drive to map as yet, but we do not have netbios running on our Active Directory servers.  I was going to turn netbios on for a few minutes to see if I can map a drive in this fashion.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

C Christopher Sather

Make sure the device time is set properly as well.  Some servers won't map is the device time is not current.

V Vojtech Draxl

Be sure that WINS server address is also correctly transmitted/specified on the mobile device. See below, there are several options in the Fusion profiles. 

M Marcus Kurath

Thanks to all who replied. (4-5 minds is better than 1)  I was able to get a utility from the web  to map drives. It was necessary to set the time, configure the WIN's server in the network section, and use the server name instead of the IP. I also had to give the user I logged in remote priveledges. Administrator does not have remote by default so i selected another user.   I still have not been able to get the AddNetworkConnection.spt approach to work, but my customer issue is solved so I'll work on that later. (i think it is a little cleaner but lacks a GUI to browse) I attached  the utility cab and a readme

E Efkan YILMAZ

Collect a debug file using SymScriptWMD.exe Try using the PC name rather than an IP address i.e. SetVar int irc = AddNetWorkConnection username="myname" password="mypassword" local="ABC" remote="\\Work\drived" SetVar String strMsg = "result was " + ToString(irc ) MessageBox( strmsg ) CopyFile "\Application\SyMScriptWM.exe" "\\Work\drived"

E Efkan YILMAZ

Yes, you can do this with the API WNetAddConnection3() SymScript wraps this API with the AddNetWorkConnection command.  I have used this so WM can share network drives. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa917445.aspx

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?