MC9190 CE or WM freeze in web application

// Expert user has replied.
C Carlos Lamounier 3 years 5 months ago
4 4 0

Hi all, Please, we are facing a issue with MC91XX CE or Mobile (we tested both) using an web application. It's freeze in a random way after 1 hour of use. We changed the browsers, the last one was Industrial Browser Wavelink, but we have tested others IE, Pocket Browser and problem still happens. They are using Cisco infra and in MC91XX CE we applied the last Hotfix 80.32.06. Have you ever seen like that? Thank you,

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Yes I did! It was with MC3190 BSP32 in my case, some months ago. We upgraded to beta 99.32.05 and this made units behave better indeed, but they still had some lock-ups. So customer eventually talked to web application developpers. They switched to an older "lighter" version of JavaScript libraries (I guess I remember it was JQUERY) far less "intensive" (i.e, requiring less resources, CPU, memory) and it all went smooth and fine from then on. This is the typical case of web application programming for mobile devices, when developpers only know about PCs. A mobile device is NOT a PC, this is the first thing a programmer must understand. Newest JS libraries (well, actually source codes, JS is interpreted) provide very cuty and so nice goodlooking features... that could kill a mobile device. On a "powerful" PC, that's (almost) fine...

P Paulo Takahashi

Hi friends, Just to add more details, in this case that Carlos opened, the same web application runs normally on INTERMEC and PSC devices, just on the MC9190 the apps freezes. Using the IE the issue appears very quick, so we tried to use WaveLink Industrial Browser where the issues takes to happen, but happen. In case of Pocket Browser, the performance is bad, I'm mean very slow. The Microsoft QFE fix is part of v.80.32.06 that is on the support webpage (Product Hotfix), that we applied, but the issue persist. I'll appreciate all the support that you can give us. Rgds, Paulo  

M Mark Mann

Hi Guys, Have you tried to use the Rho Runtime Browser to see if you see any improvements? Cheers, Mark

E Efkan YILMAZ

Carlos,  This could be the known issue with BSP 32.04 which has a bug in the IE browser control. If you check Clarify case 2827868 , you can see the link to download a new BSP with the Microsoft QFE fix for the problem at the end of the case notes. Best Regards, Ian Hatton

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?