How to remove the Menu Bar (in .NET)

M Mark Mann 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

Team, Have a customer that has an existing .NET application running fine on a MC75 WM6.5.3 but now testing on a new device with CE.7.  Issue with CE.7 is that the Menu bar is on top.  Question: Do you know if it's possible to have them make a call which hides the Menu bar on all their screens.  I believe it's possible since Wavelink has the ability to hide the menu bar so I'm making that assumption that the customer could do the same with their custom application of just making a call that would do that (hopefully they would not have to do it on each screen but that's what I suspect) while in their application. Any feedback on this is welcomed. Cheers, Mark

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

There are some device wide reg settings that you could use to do this.  If you do Start/Settings/Taskbar and Start Menu, you can see the options.  Auto Hide works for some customers who want users to be able to use task bar when needed.  It will hide the task bar, but if you tap bottom of screen, you can get it back.  If you really want to do it from the Dot Net app, I will paste in some code below.  They will want to hide it during app startup, then show it when the app exits. using System.Runtime.InteropServices;         [DllImport("CoreDll")]         public static extern int FindWindow(char[] className, char[] WindowsName);         [DllImport("CoreDll")]         public static extern bool ShowWindow(int hWnd, int iShowType);         public void HideTaskBar()         {             int hWndTaskBar;             string WindowName = "HHTaskBar";             hWndTaskBar = FindWindow(WindowName.ToCharArray(), null);             if (hWndTaskBar != 0)                 ShowWindow(hWndTaskBar, 0 /*SW_HIDE*/);         }         public static void ShowTaskBar()         {             int hWndTaskBar;             string WindowName = "HHTaskBar";             hWndTaskBar = FindWindow(WindowName.ToCharArray(), null);             if (hWndTaskBar != 0)                 ShowWindow(hWndTaskBar, 1);         }

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?