VC70 External Antenna Connector Type

// Expert user has replied.
R Robert Kloentrup 3 years 5 months ago
7 6 0

Does anyone know what the external antenna connector on the top of the VC70 is? It is not documented in the Spec Sheet, PRG or Quick Start Guide.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

I am almost sure that VC70 requires only one antenna, but I need to double check, because it is not clear on the manuals. Can we use two antennas on VC70 to prevent multipath?

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, The Vc70 has a RSMA connector (only one) it is the same connector of AP6521,dual band antenna is required if you want to use 5 and 2.4 Ghz. Bye

A Amnon Ish-Hurwitz

Please make sure your VC70 are upgraded to the Rev B SW (BSP 34.21)
Make sure you download the new PRG from Support Center (search it as VC70 Product Reference Guide because it does not show yet on the VC70 page). It has all the required information.
In most cases no ext antenna is required.
If external antenna is connected it makes diversity with one of the internal antennas
We are in process of releasing a new stubby antenna and an adapter

WTS2450-RPSMA

ANTENNA, CONN-MOUNT, MULTI-BAND, OMNI

RPSMA-RTRPSMA

ADAPTER, ANTENNA, RP-SMA TO RTRP-SMA.

The VC70 ext antenna connector is Reverse-thread Reverse-Polarity (compatible with the roof-mounted antenna already released) and the adapter will make it usable with the new stubby antenna as well as most common antennas (including re-use from VC5090), however, only the antennas listed by us in Solution Builder are certified by Motorola.

R Robert Kloentrup

I found out from the product team that it is reverse thread RP-SMA Male. Typical 802.11 antennas won't fit without an adapter that they are working on including in the accessories catalog.

J Jack Burleson

Hi All, The following VC70 external antenna is listed in Solution Builder:

8508851K46

Antenna,2.4GHZ MIN,5.9GHZ MAX,0DBI,Mobile. Roof mounted. Requires ground plane

M Marc Fluhrer

Should be RP-SMA Male. During the Beta I think I put a ML-2452-APA2-01 on to see what would happen.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?