MC7596 - CAMERA FAILURE

// Expert user has replied.
R Reginald Corpuz 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

1) Time/Date; 8/6/2013: 5pm 2) Response time: 4 hours 3) Product: MC7596-PZCSURWAAWR 4) OS Version:BSP35 5) Clarify Case #2865855 SN: 10061520804217, Customer is Conway
MC7596-PZCSURWAAWR, camera intermittenly fails.  They see this failure on 750 devices out of 15K and they plan to spend another 20M this year on our devices
I've attached the eMscript logs and video (you have to see the tail end of the video to see the error), Retail logs says this:
Virtual Memory overlap! CopyRegions failed to reserve memory in proc 'PDOps.exe' (0x806AA2D0) for module 'imgapi32.dll' @ 0x30E30000!
Can somebody please review and provide guidance/thoughts on this issue.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

D David Meyer

The logs don't give enough information about memory snapshots around the time of failure.  I agree the error message pointed out happens at the same time as the failure in the video.  Since the error is memory related, I would like to see the device left in the failed state for long enough to capture an additional memory snapshot (the only one provided is from immediately after reboot). Also, since this failed right after reboot, could the apps be given to you to run in customer support to duplicate the same issue?

R Reginald Corpuz

There is a challenge on the customer app being here so I asked to run the eMscript logs a bit longer. Here is where is the 2nd error occurred (CWAY.zip) eMscript TimeStamp: 8/7/13 2:18:37 PM

D David Meyer

I am pretty sure this is DLL crunch, as the app is trying to open the imager API when the next DLL load space is already used up in their application for other memory allocations.  The app should either do a better job managing memory, or could try and load the imager APIs (and any other DLLs needed) first before allocating other memory.  See attached picture of memory usage.

R Reginald Corpuz

Logs attached

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?