Remote Desktop with Datawedge

// Expert user has replied.
R Robert Southern 3 years 5 months ago
49 6 0

I have a customer that is using Remote Desktop with Datawedge to access Reteck RDM Oracle Forms 11g running on top of Oracle Weblogic. The symptoms of the issue is that Datawedge stops working,  It can show no beam, shows beam but does not decode or shows beam looks like it decodes but no data shows up in application. Version of DataWedge we are using are 3.3 on CE5.0 and 3.5 on Win7 Embedded.  This is on the WT4090 and WT41N0

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

E Evgene Vigoutov

the fact that it happen for different OS with completely different drivers, points me to network problem or DW problem. you can try DW3.4 as well (it released and can be found on Support Central)

V Vojtech Draxl

Just two remarks from my expierence. Please check if you are running the latest OS for WT41N0 >> 01.26.46. A lot of issues regarding scanning have been fixed. For both devices and datwedge versions, be sure to use the Intercharacter Delay when Remote Desktop is in use. Otherwise strange side effects could occur. It could help to test in local notepad to remove the Remote Desktop from the list of possible causes.

E Evgene Vigoutov

for DW it should be turned on (somewhere in settings) for wt41 - just press f9 after the issue happen and then the logs will be in ExportLOg folder 

R Robert Southern

I did see that the intercharacter delay was a response in Clarify cases and they are testing that now. I will ask about the OS version on the WT41N0

E Evgene Vigoutov

whatscanner is the connected to WT? does the same issue appear when not using RDP? do you have rtlogs/DW from WT41?

R Robert Southern

They have seen the issue with both the RS409 and RS419.  Are the logs automatic or do we need to turn them on.  Where would they be located on the device?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?