RS507 to an ET1

// Expert user has replied.
M Malcolm Flood 3 years 5 months ago
1 6 0

I cant find an answer from the device compatibility list with the RS507 software....so can an RS507 be paired to an ET1. I seem to remember we did for ipads?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

N Nishant Shah

Has anyone tried pairing RS507 to generic android devices, In HID mode we have to pair manually and after being paird the android tablet doesn't open soft keypad so you can not type using their soft key pad. It always sees RS507 scanner as keyboard input. Any info from your end would be great help.

L Luba Nirman

Hi, This is known Jellybean HID Bluetooth Scanner issue with SIP,and will be fixed in JB Release. Meanwhile use the following workaround: Settings -> Language&input -> Default -> Choose Input method -> Hardware - turn to OFF In current image the default is ON With this, only the hardware keyboard working (BT or USB keyboard). When disabling it both SIP and external keyboard are working.
Let me know if you need any more information regarding the issue. Best Regards, Luba

T THINESH THUSINTHAKA HEWA PATHIRANA

I have paired the RingScanner , while on the SSI Mode without the need of PIN auth step. But irrespective of the MODES, pairing through ET1 BT Discover MODE, will work for most. Get the ET1 to discover. BD_Address Dev , (SETTINGS-> BT ->ScanForDevices->PAIR) And afterwards, user can pair in by SCANNING , BD Address for the ET1. PS: I have used a custom Firmware done for TJX CUSTOM release (PAAACC08-005-R00D0.DAT) , which enables pairing without AUTHENTICATION Pins pop-up. Firmware had been made for ZEBRA printers to pair in easily without the need of pairing PINS. Regards.

C Christopher Sather

Docs I created and have posted to Launchpad.

M Marcus Kurath

THe attached might be of interest

G Gary Miller

The attached doc will work. Put the battery into the RS507 and get the ET1 to discover. Scan the Bluetooth Keyboard Emulation then the Variable PIN code. The ET1 will present you with the PIN. Scan the digits and the End of Message. I tested this last week.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?