Feedback on WiFi security used in our customer base

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
2 5 0

team, we are looking for feedback on what are some of our retail customers using for WiFi security on our mobile devices. specifically, do you have customer who are using Certificates?  how do they handle having the correct time/date on the device, are the users able to set time/date. if time/date is not correct and device can not connect to the network, how is that handled, does it go back to depot for re-imaging?   this question is for any type of device, WM or Android. thanks, Afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

A Afshin Mansoorieh

great feedback Dan, especially your comment on the retail accounts, very important. what does your script do in cases where the device has been sitting idle for a long time and the clock has been reset to an older date say, 2010? does your symscript start with a newer date? does it continually record current date/time and uses the last recorded date/time as a start point?

D Daniel Teeters

I save the date to a file and upon booting up if the file exists I read it. Script is attached.  I think this is the latest version.

E Eli Flores

For the responses can you tell me whether they were Android or WM or CE? I am assuming that for symscript it is Winmobile or CE. Also can you give me the customers and devices.? Thanks Eli

J John Thurmes

We use Certs on Android, Time and Date is set via an MDM.  Users have Zero access to configure time and date without the MDM so if it gets out of whack the only recourse is to send to depot.  Even further, if the device has not contacted the MDM for 6 consecutive hours it will auto wipe, that is the device unable to connect for 6 hours of on time.

D Daniel Teeters

I have 6 customers using Certs, in all cases I use Symscript to set the date and time, none are Retail. All Retail Customers I have, all use WPA2.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?