CoreScanner.exe not seeing RS507 w/BT Connection

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

I am working with the RS507.  I need to change the 'BT Friendly Name'.  I have been successful using .NET CF and the EMDK.  However, I need to be able to do this from a PC/Laptop.  I tried the Motorola SDK but it seems the CoreScanner object never sees the RS507 when it scans to get devices.  I have the RS507 connected via BT using serial ports 6 & 7 on a Windows 7 laptop.  I wrote some code to the serial port and I am able to open and close a serial connection to the RS507, but the CoreScanner never finds it. An alternate method would be to figure out how to write a configuration barcode that would allow the BT Friendly Name be changed to a user defined prefix followed by the serial number, but I cannot find out where to do that. Any ideas on how to either get CoreScanner to see the RS507 or a method to write a barcode that allows the changing of the 'BT Friendly Name'?  Thanks in advance. -Dino

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

The method that works on the Windows Mobile is: MyReader.RSM.BluetoothFriendlyName.CurrentValue = newAttributeValue; I guess what I am asking is if there is an equivalent method to changing the BT Friendly Name using Motorola SDK from a Laptop or PC, or a way to accomplish it by scanning a configuration barcode. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?