1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 7:52 AM by Derek Warren

Using access keys/shortcuts/function keys in PowerBrowser on MC55

Andreas Jonsson

Hello,

I am attempting to get an already existing web app to run on the PocketBrowser 3.0 on a Motorola MC55. I want to have a shortcut so a user can go immediately to a certain button by pressing some combination of keys, like Alt-1.

This works fine in ordinary browsers setting the accessKey property on the button: HTML DOM accessKey Property

Is this supposed to work on the PocketBrowser? I found a website which said that it supposedly supports the accessKey attribute, but if it does I can't for the life of my figure out what keys I'm supposed to press. "Blue key" followed by 1?

In an old document (http://software.symbol.com/files/Symbol_PocketBrowser_PRG.PDF, page 17) I read that you can bind JavaScript events to a keypress. I could use this as a workaround, but I have to know the hex code of the keys. Is this available anywhere?

In the PocketBrowser's config file there are settings like "EnableFunctionKey_F1" (Rhomobile | RhoElements Configuration Settings , Rhomobile | KeyCapture Module), can I use this somehow? Again it seems like I need to know the hex codes.

Thanks in advance.