2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2014 9:19 PM by Gaurav Gupta

Not able to build even sample application for iphone (device). Environment: rhomobile suite 4.1.1 on OS X Mavericks

Gaurav Gupta

Hi,

I am currently having following environment:

Rhomobile Suite Studio : version 4.1.1 (downloaded from Motorola Website)

Ruby: 1.9.3-p547

I followed the tutorial of creating a sample application in the studio and added an extension to the project. I was able to successfully run the whole application in iPhone Simulator/Rhosimulator. But when it comes to building the application for the device, i had followed the steps outlined on : http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/4.1.0/guide/build_ios#building-the-application-for-the-ios-device

Unfortunately i have not been successfull at all and following is the log:

opsgg:TestCaptuvoExtApp gauravgupta$ rake device:iphone:production

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:93: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::OPT_TABLE

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:93: warning: previous definition of OPT_TABLE was here

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1272: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::Entry_::S_IF_DOOR

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1272: warning: previous definition of S_IF_DOOR was here

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1535: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::Entry_::DIRECTORY_TERM

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1535: warning: previous definition of DIRECTORY_TERM was here

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1537: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::Entry_::SYSCASE

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1537: warning: previous definition of SYSCASE was here

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1656: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::LOW_METHODS

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1656: warning: previous definition of LOW_METHODS was here

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1662: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::METHODS

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1662: warning: previous definition of METHODS was here

$app_config['extensions'] : ["coreapi", "json", "rhoconnect-client", "captuvo"]

$app_config['capabilities'] : []

/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/iphone/rbuild/iphone.rake:696: warning: Insecure world writable dir /usr/local/bin in PATH, mode 040777

iphoneos7.1

Check SDK :

PWD: /Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1

CMD: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -version -sdk iphoneos7.1

RET: iPhoneOS7.1.sdk - iOS 7.1 (iphoneos7.1)

RET: SDKVersion: 7.1

RET: Path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk

RET: PlatformVersion: 7.1

RET: PlatformPath: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform

RET: ProductBuildVersion: 11D167

RET: ProductCopyright: 1983-2014 Apple Inc.

RET: ProductName: iPhone OS

RET: ProductVersion: 7.1

RET:

iPhoneOS7.1.sdk - iOS 7.1 (iphoneos7.1)

SDKVersion: 7.1

Path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk

PlatformVersion: 7.1

PlatformPath: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform

ProductBuildVersion: 11D167

ProductCopyright: 1983-2014 Apple Inc.

ProductName: iPhone OS

ProductVersion: 7.1

cd /Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1

cd /My.R&D.Projects/RhoMobile411/TestCaptuvoExtApp

prepare iphone XCode project for application

CMD: "/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/bin/rhogen" iphone_project TestCaptuvoExtApp "/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1"

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- templater (LoadError)

from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'

from /Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/bin/rhogen:4:in `<main>'

rake aborted!

["/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/bin/rhogen" iphone_project TestCaptuvoExtApp "/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1"]

/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:390:in `run3'

/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/iphone/rbuild/iphone.rake:1311:in `block (3 levels) in <top (required)>'

/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/iphone/rbuild/iphone.rake:1435:in `block (3 levels) in <top (required)>'

Tasks: TOP => build:iphone:setup_xcode_project

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

********* NOTE: You use sdk parameter in build.yml !****************

To use latest Rhodes gem, run migrate-rhodes-app in application folder or comment sdk in build.yml.

Any help is highly appreciated. I am completely @ loss on finding the root cause of it. I am stuck since i am suppose to build a native extension for my client for its device.

Sincere Regards

Gaurav Gupta

I tried recreating a simple application without the hassle of even adding an extension and tried building the same for running on the iphone. But to no luck. I am attaching the project for anyone's review. I would sincerely request some kind of help here!!!

Message was edited by: Gaurav Gupta