Not able to build even sample application for iphone (device). Environment: rhomobile suite 4.1.1 on OS X Mavericks

G Gaurav Gupta 2 years 11 months ago
2 2 0

Hi,
I am currently having following environment:

Rhomobile Suite Studio : version 4.1.1 (downloaded from Motorola Website)
Ruby: 1.9.3-p547

I followed the tutorial of creating a sample application in the studio and added an extension to the project. I was able to successfully run the whole application in iPhone Simulator/Rhosimulator. But when it comes to building the application for the device, i had followed the steps outlined on : http://docs.rhomobile.com/en/4.1.0/guide/build_ios#building-the-applica…
Unfortunately i have not been successfull at all and following is the log:

opsgg:TestCaptuvoExtApp gauravgupta$ rake device:iphone:production
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:93: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::OPT_TABLE
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:93: warning: previous definition of OPT_TABLE was here
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1272: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::Entry_::S_IF_DOOR
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1272: warning: previous definition of S_IF_DOOR was here
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1535: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::Entry_::DIRECTORY_TERM
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1535: warning: previous definition of DIRECTORY_TERM was here
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1537: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::Entry_::SYSCASE
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1537: warning: previous definition of SYSCASE was here
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1656: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::LOW_METHODS
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1656: warning: previous definition of LOW_METHODS was here
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/FileUtils.rb:1662: warning: already initialized constant FileUtils::METHODS
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/fileutils.rb:1662: warning: previous definition of METHODS was here
$app_config['extensions'] : ["coreapi", "json", "rhoconnect-client", "captuvo"]
$app_config['capabilities'] : []
/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/iphone/rbuild/iphone.rake:696: warning: Insecure world writable dir /usr/local/bin in PATH, mode 040777
iphoneos7.1
Check SDK :
PWD: /Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1
CMD: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -version -sdk iphoneos7.1
RET: iPhoneOS7.1.sdk - iOS 7.1 (iphoneos7.1)
RET: SDKVersion: 7.1
RET: Path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk
RET: PlatformVersion: 7.1
RET: PlatformPath: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform
RET: ProductBuildVersion: 11D167
RET: ProductCopyright: 1983-2014 Apple Inc.
RET: ProductName: iPhone OS
RET: ProductVersion: 7.1
RET:
iPhoneOS7.1.sdk - iOS 7.1 (iphoneos7.1)
SDKVersion: 7.1
Path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk
PlatformVersion: 7.1
PlatformPath: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform
ProductBuildVersion: 11D167
ProductCopyright: 1983-2014 Apple Inc.
ProductName: iPhone OS
ProductVersion: 7.1

cd /Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1
cd /My.R&D.Projects/RhoMobile411/TestCaptuvoExtApp
prepare iphone XCode project for application

CMD: "/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/bin/rhogen" iphone_project TestCaptuvoExtApp "/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1"
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- templater (LoadError)
    from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
    from /Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/bin/rhogen:4:in `'
rake aborted!
["/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/bin/rhogen" iphone_project TestCaptuvoExtApp "/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1"]
/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:390:in `run3'
/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/iphone/rbuild/iphone.rake:1311:in `block (3 levels) in '
/Users/gauravgupta/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p547/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/platform/iphone/rbuild/iphone.rake:1435:in `block (3 levels) in '
Tasks: TOP => build:iphone:setup_xcode_project
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
********* NOTE: You use sdk parameter in build.yml !****************
To use latest Rhodes gem, run migrate-rhodes-app in application folder or comment sdk in build.yml.

Any help is highly appreciated. I am completely @ loss on finding the root cause of it. I am stuck since i am suppose to build a native extension for my client for its device.

Sincere Regards
Gaurav Gupta

I tried recreating a simple application without the hassle of even adding an extension and tried building the same for running on the iphone. But to no luck. I am attaching the project for anyone's review. I would sincerely request some kind of help here!!!

Message was edited by: Gaurav Gupta

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Gaurav Gupta

Jon,
thanks for the information, but i pretty much followed the instructions in the installation folder to install the suite inclusive of rhodes installation. As of now what can i do to get it over with also if you could guide me on the same because i am quite new to ruby environment handling as well as rhomobile environment issues such as this. I noticed that all the rhodes installation happens in the ruby folder under .rvm since i am using dvm to manage installation of ruby and anything else related to rhomobile.

sincere regards
gaurav

J Jon Tara

You are missing Gems (templater) that Rhodes depends on. They should have been installed automatically when the Rhodes Gem was installed.

Also, it looks like you installed Rhodes in your default Gemset, and so it went into your Ruby installation. I wouldn't recommend that. It's more handy to install it into it's own Gemset.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?