EHS Button disable?

Has anyone found a solution to disable long press of home screen (which switches to the Jellybean task manager) when running EHS 1.2? Would be good to have this as a config option in EHS along with the following enhancements:

a) ability to configure battery level, wifi/wan signal icons and current time in the top bar

b) ability to selectively disable ADB/SD card access

c) ability to add specific Settings screens access i.e. if the user only requires access to the Clock and Sound settings, these should be configurable as items on the tools menu

Pietro Francesc...
Probably needs to do

Probably needs to do something like this in EHS itself:

http://www.juliencavandoli.com/how-to-disable-recent-apps-dialog-on-long-press-home-button/

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Yes - looks like that would

Yes - looks like that would do it provided it was integrated in EHS. Has anyone seen/got a roadmap for EHS and what new features are planned?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Jolley
Ian speak with me next time

Ian speak with me next time you see me ;-)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi all,Actually I wish to ask

Hi all,

Actually I wish to ask the same. Do we have any roadmap to provide this?

It's requested by our customer who is buying more than 6000 ET1N2 devices.

They're in pilot at the field and searching for a solution to use it with EHS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
There is a new version posted

There is a new version posted.  This version fixes some issues that could allow users to do things that you do not want them to be able to do.  It can block them from getting into "settings" from any of the various locations that Android will let you get there from.  It does this by not allowing the settings app to run at all (unless you log in to EHS and allow access).  I think it blocks the long home press by stopping the recently run apps from going into the history.  So if you are testing that feature, I think you want to be sure not to start up any apps from the default Android launcher, only use EHS (which is what the users would be doing).

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=96825

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Daniel,I'll continue to

Hi Daniel,

I'll continue to test anyway but it seems it's working.

Thanks.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’