RhoElement in Honeywell device

Hello, when i run my application in Honywell device ,  it shows me the following message: "RhoElements is not a valid Windows CE application".  (I followed these instructions : Rhomobile | RhoElements-Building Native Applications). Please Help.

Thanks.

Kutir Mobility
HiThis issue needs help from

Hi

This issue needs help from Motorola. We will raise this issue with them to get an answer.

Visnupriya R

Kutir Mobility

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Toews
Could you please provide your

Could you please provide your build.yml file?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

HADDADI Lyes
Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for your reply, here is my build.yml :

#sdk: "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1"

sdkversion: "4.1.0"

name: "RhoMobileApplication"

version: 1.0

vendor: "rhomobile"

build: "debug"

applog: "rholog.txt"

app_type: "rhoelements"

iphone:

configuration: "Release"

sdk: "iphonesimulator7.0"

provisionprofile:

codesignidentity: "iPhone Developer"

entitlements:

BundleIdentifier: "com.rhomobile.rhomobileapplication"

BundleURLScheme: "rhomobileapplication"

wp8:

productid: "a8054ea0-d8e5-0131-64d3-3cee7b88c6f7"

android:

manifest_template: "AndroidManifest.erb"

version: "2.3.3"

capabilities:

wm:

#sdk: "MC3000c50b (ARMV4I)"

#sdk: "Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)"

extensions:

- rhoconnect-client

capabilities:

- non_motorola_device

Note: Motorola MC3190, MC3090 and MC40 its working well

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Lyes,Are you compiling the

Hi Lyes,

Are you compiling the application for Windows CE or for Windows Mobile?

That error is usually coming when you're doing the second kind of compilation.

Probably, you need to install MC3000 PSDK and compile your application using the windows ce target

Rhomobile | Native SDK Setup

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=5695&redirectForm=search&searchQuery=%3FsearchT…

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

HADDADI Lyes
Thank you for your reply, I

Thank you for your reply, I made also this ​​step, and I tried several alternative for build.yml file.

I find also difficulties to run "RhoElements 4.1.1 CE Runtime.cab" on Honeywell 6X00 device, after installation, when I try to run, it displays me the following error message: "RhoElements is not a valid Windows CE application".

Note: Motorola MC3190, MC3090 and MC40 its working well

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Could you try to compile a

Could you try to compile a simple C application with the MC3000 PSDK and install in on the Dolphin to see if that works?

Given that WinCE is a custom OS, where every vendor choose the pieces they like, seems that Honeywell has build a BSP much different from what we've done with our devices!

Windows Mobile is a different story as Microsoft provide the full OS and the OEM vendor just adds drivers and applications.

Having something similar to a RTLog (could helps understating what is happening).

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

HADDADI Lyes
Yes I tested an application c

Yes I tested an application c + + on  sdk MC3000C50b PSDK and she running on the honeywell.

For information :

In RhoStudio:  Windows –> Preferences,  Rhomobile->Windows Mobile i chose this preferences for rhobuild.yml :

• vcbuild: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe
  • cabwiz: C:/Program Files/Windows Mobile 6 SDK/Tools/CabWiz

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

HADDADI Lyes
Hello Mr. Pietro,You’re right

Hello Mr. Pietro,

You’re right about the problem of Rhoelements on a non-Motorola (Honeywell) on win CE  : it doesn’t work due to Win CE. We tested it on  a Honeywell Dolphin 9700 (Operating system: Window Mobile 6.5) and it works fine.

However, the scanner doesn’t work ? We know that it works only on Motorola devices but do you have a solution to use the scanner on a non-Motorola ? We are developing a web solution (using HTML5 features on Rhoelements runtime) and we need to detect the scan event and the value scanned on a non-Motorola !

Thanks.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Lyes,there're a couple of

Hi Lyes,

there're a couple of ways to achieve what you want:

1. Building a RhoMobile native extension, including the relevant SDK in your project
  2. Build a NPAPI plugin to use with Motorola Webkit based browser

Both solution involve some C/C++ heavy lifting and we've RhoMobile certified partners that can help in both cases.

You can find documentation on the first approach in our documentation on how to add additional DLL: Rhomobile | Building a native extension.

Regarding the second approach, there's a sample available from ZetaKey (that build another webkit based browser) on how to build an NPAPI plugin: http://www.zetakey.com/codesample.php

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kutir Mobility
Hi HaddadiHave you tried to

Hi Haddadi

Have you tried to apply Pietro's suggestion ?

Thank you

Kutir Mobility

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

HADDADI Lyes
Hi,Unfortunately, currently

Hi,

Unfortunately, currently we do not have much time to try these suggestions, so for now we will simply manage it with ScanWedge HoneyWell

Lyes.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’