In html5 < input type="file" is not working in Rhoelements shared runtime

// Expert user has replied.
m manikanta bandaru 3 years ago
0 5 0

I am developing HTML 5 ,JSS  app on MC18 device , I want to  upload a local image file from HTML page to root folder ?  What is alternative for this as input type="file" is not working in Rho Elements ?

Code:

How Filetransfer api i used for above purpose as Filetransfer api needs path of file but in above it is not known
and target is remote server but in above example it is local to device itself ??

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

P Peter Arcuri

Testing RhoElements shared runtime against www.html5test.com shows support for input type file:

input type=file
Yes ✔

However, as far as testing if path is a file you can use the RhoFile API. See excerpt below from docs.rhomobile.com

m manikanta bandaru

HI,

Thank you very much for fast response ,

Can you tell me how to seearch Rho elements shared runtime score in www.html5test.com (Search string ) ?

P Peter Arcuri

Simply enter the address html5test.com to the start-page within the config.xml file followed by launching RhoElements shared runtime. You will see a list of html5 features/elements with a support reading next to each.

m manikanta bandaru

is not throwing any error but while clicking on&nbsp; "choose File" ( For File picking&nbsp; ) no Pop-up&nbsp; is coming&nbsp; for broswing file location&nbsp;&nbsp; when test on device contrary&nbsp; to the test in desktop&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; ?

P Peter Arcuri

It would be helpful if you could share the code for the page above.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?