14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 10:54 PM by selva ganapathy

Error: can not find Rhodes as well as RhoElements

selva ganapathy

I've installed the latest version of RMS, Whenever I try to create a new RhoMobile app using the first two options or using only default workspace, I get errors like "can't find RhoElements" and "can't find Rhodes" respectively.

all right, when I try "gem install rhodes", it also throws installing error "Failed to build  gem native extension".

Hi Rho-Experts, I couldn't create a new app still now. Please share your ideas.

• Re: Error: can not find Rhodes as well as RhoElements

Can you please paste here the exact error message you receive when you try to build?

selva ganapathy

In  RhoStudio, after following the steps like, File->New Project, We get the RhoMobile app generator wizard, where we have to give pjt name as well as select first two check boxes, than 'finish'. But environment (in my machine) throws error like, "Can not find RhoElements,install the gem before RhoElements applications".

In this way, If I chose the second option only, Error: "Can not find Rhodes, need version equal or great 3.2.0"

-Selvag

BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hi,

I will suggest try to uninstall your RMS and install it again.

And before fresh installation kindly remove preexisting ruby and devkit path from your path environment variable.

Thanks

selva ganapathy

Hi Ranjan,

I've reinstalled the RMS 4.1.x, because early I've used RMS 4.0 and have shown the same error.

I had removed the path to ev variable before the installation. I don't add any path to environment variable still now.

Is it reason to the problem?

-Selvag

BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hello,

I will suggest better uninstall RMS 4.1 first.

And while uninstalling kindly right click on uninstaller and click on run as administrator.

Then to verify everything related to ruby and devkit has been moved out by typing

echo %PATH% in command prompt.

Then install RMS 4.1 by right clicking on installer and then run as administrator.

Hope above step will resolve your problem that you are facing.

Thanks

selva ganapathy

Hello Ranjan, I've removed the Ruby Environment, cleared the PATH and reinstalled the RhoMobile 4.1.1 as per your suggestion.

When I run "gem list" on cmd prompt, I can see the Rhodes 4.1.1 and RhoElements 4.1.1 in the list has shown.

But when I use RhoStudio to build a new project with the options in the app-generator-wizard, error: "Cannot find RhoElements, install the gem before generate RhoElements apps" with the indication "The system cannot find the path specified" in RhoMobile build console during the generation.

-Selvag

BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hi,

Could you please tell which os you are using ? Windows XP or Windows 7.

Try to create a application in command prompt. By using command

rhoelements app testapp

or

rhodes app testapp2

Thanks

selva ganapathy

Hi, I'm using Windows7

B:\Ruby\RhoMobile pjts>rhoelements app testapp

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:55:in `require': iconv will be deprecated in the future, use String#encode instead.

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:34: warning: already initialized constant SYNC_SERVER_BASE_URL

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:35: warning: already initialized constant SYNC_SERVER_CONSOLE_LOGIN

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:36: warning: already initialized constant SYNC_SERVER_CONSOLE_PASSWO

RD

Generating with app generator:

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/rhoconfig.txt

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/build.yml

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/.gitignore

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/application.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/layout.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading.html

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/controller.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/err_sync.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/home.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/login.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/reset.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/wait.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/Rakefile

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-568h@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-Landscape.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-LandscapeLeft.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-LandscapeRight.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-Portrait.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-PortraitUpsideDown.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/AndroidManifest.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/helpers

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/icon

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/public

B:\Ruby\RhoMobile pjts>rhodes app testapp2

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:55:in `require': iconv will be deprecated in the future, use String#encode instead.

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/rhoconfig.txt

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/build.yml

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/.gitignore

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/application.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/layout.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading.html

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/controller.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/err_sync.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/home.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/login.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/reset.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/wait.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/Rakefile

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-568h@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-Landscape.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-LandscapeLeft.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-LandscapeRight.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-Portrait.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-PortraitUpsideDown.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/AndroidManifest.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/helpers

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/icon

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/public

BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hi,

Now I understand where is the problem.

Kindly remove space from your path. i.e B:\Ruby\RhoMobile pjts

Thanks

selva ganapathy

B:\Ruby\RhoMobile pjts>

B:\Ruby\RhoMobile pjts>cd..

B:\Ruby>md pjt

B:\Ruby>cd pjt

B:\Ruby\pjt>rhoelements app testapp

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:34: warning: already initialized constant SYNC_SERVER_BASE_URL

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:35: warning: already initialized constant SYNC_SERVER_CONSOLE_LOGIN

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.1.1/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.1.1/lib/build/jake.rb:36: warning: already initialized constant SYNC_SERVER_CONSOLE_PASSWORD

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/rhoconfig.txt

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/build.yml

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/.gitignore

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/application.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/layout.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading.html

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/controller.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/err_sync.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/home.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/login.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/reset.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/Settings/wait.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/Rakefile

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-568h@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-Landscape.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-LandscapeLeft.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-LandscapeRight.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-Portrait.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading-PortraitUpsideDown.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/loading@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/AndroidManifest.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/app/helpers

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/icon

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp/public

B:\Ruby\pjt>rhodes app testapp2

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/rhoconfig.txt

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/build.yml

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/.gitignore

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/application.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/layout.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading.html

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/controller.rb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/err_sync.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/home.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/index.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/login.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/reset.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/Settings/wait.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/Rakefile

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-568h@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-Landscape.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-LandscapeLeft.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-LandscapeRight.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-Portrait.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading-PortraitUpsideDown.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/loading@2x.png

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/AndroidManifest.erb

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/app/helpers

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/icon

←[32m     [ADDED]←[0m  testapp2/public

selva ganapathy

I think RhoStudio has not connected with Rhodes 4.1.1 and RhoElements 4.1.1 libraries (i.e.) it may be a problem of Environmental setting.

Am I correct?

selva ganapathy

Hi Rho-Experts,

In this conversation, I've described the problems to build a RhoMobile app project in my system. But I couldn't rectify any problem still now.