Is there a way to change the LED color on the MC18 and/or cradle?

// Expert user has replied.
B Bill Scarsciotti 3 years 5 months ago
36 4 0

Through the Symbol.Notification dll we are able to control the state of the LEDs on the MC18 and the cradle.  These LEDs usually flash green, but I have seen them flash red in certain circumstances.  The LED bar on the MC18 device will turn red when the scanner is turned on.  Is there a way to control the color of the LED?  I have not been able to find anything in the Symbol.Notification dll to allow this.  It would be really neat to be able to utilize different LED colors for different types of notifications.

Thanks a bunch!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

K Krishna Ranjan

MC18 Terminal has also has Red and Green LEDs which are used for scanner notifications. There is an optional feature to indicate charging status using this green LED. These LEDs can be controlled using EMDK APIs and there is no other color supported.

K Krishna Ranjan

MC18 3- slot cradle has Green LED and Red LED both but only Green LED can be controlled using APIs. Red LED is for error indications and cannot be controlled by APIs.
Red LED will flash only in below three cases,
a) Power ON
b) Cradle Solenoid heat up which results in failure to Unlock
c) Electrical fault in cradle

There is no way to change cradle LED color.

B Bill Scarsciotti

That is understandable but still a shame.  Thank you very much for that information.

R Ritesh Gupta

Bill,

Do you have a specific use case where you would be using the blinking LED's?  I am wondering if its possible to do various burst of green LED blinks for different notifications?

-Ritesh

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?