Problem in finding device unique id.

M Madhusudhan Reddy 3 years ago
30 5 0

Hi All,

Am developing an application where I need device unique id to register the device.
I have tried with some of the methods(Rho::System.uuid,Rho::System.phoneId etc..) but these are not working in my case getting nil. Am using the device iPhone 5 to test my application. I want the unique id of the device may be imei number of any other which must be unique for device to device. In both ios and android devices.

Please suggest me some solution if anyone know about it.

-Thanks

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

S Siddhant Wadhera

Hi
I am also facing the same issue when i use Rho::System.phoneId for iPhone 5

All i get is nil.Though it works for android.
i Can't rely on on d's Being Synthesized as its a concern to security
Has anybody got a solution for this ??

Thanks
Siddhant

J Jon Tara

Apple does not permit applications to acquire the unique device ID. It's a security concern. (This used to be possible.)

You can try to synthesize one, but if you use it in an App Store app and get caught, the app will not be approved. If it is approved, you risk subsequent removal.

Basically, if you get caught trying to identify the specific device in any way, your app will be banned.

You can get a unique ID per installation of your product. I don't know if Rhodes supports this. The ID will change if the user removes your app and then re-installs it.

M Madhusudhan Reddy

Jon Tara,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have gone through some stuff about this in the internet. So how can we achieve it?
Is there any alternative way ?

-Thanks.

A Alexey Mironov

Try

Rho::System.phoneId

I use it wall on WM (MC65)

M Madhusudhan Reddy

Alexey Mironov,

Thanks for the reply, In this case am using iPhone 5, I have already tried this method but it is not working.

-Thanks.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?