ReaderParams.illumination_mode won't setup in EMDK 2.1

// Expert user has replied.
G Georgiy Permyakov 2 years 11 months ago
1 2 0

Hi everyone,

I'm creating and applying new DataCapture profile like this:
this.profileManager = (ProfileManager)emdkMgr.getInstance(FEATURE_TYPE.PROFILE); this.profileConfig = new ProfileConfig(); profileConfig.dataCapture.barcode.scanner_input_enabled = ENABLED_STATE.TRUE; profileConfig.dataCapture.barcode.scannerSelection = DEVICETYPES.INTERNAL_CAMERA1; profileConfig.dataCapture.barcode.readerParams.illumination_mode = ILLUMINATION_MODE.ON; profileConfig.dataCapture.barcode.readerParams.picklist = PICK_LIST.CENTERED; profileConfig.profileName = this.profile_name;   ... (other minor settings, such as data formatting options)   this.profileManager.processProfile(profileConfig.profileName, ProfileManager.PROFILE_FLAG.SET, this.profileConfig); 
All the settings seems to be applied (checked from DataWedge app). Scanner is set to Camera, pick-list is activated, but illumination is always OFF, no matter what mode I set in code.
From DataWedge app it sets up correctly (in the same profile).
Also, profile created this way can't be read using ProfileManager.PROFILE_FLAG.GET. Results show "SUCCESS", but no data is transferred to ProfileConfig.

Looks more like a bug than the feature for me.
Any ideas on workaround? Thanks.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Georgiy Permyakov

Little update.
1) Testing on TC55 device.
2) Problem seems to be somewhere in transforming ProfileConfig object into XML and storing in internal repository. Wrong syntax or something.

R Robert Galvin

Hi Georgiy How are you checking on if illumination mode is working? Is it just wrong in the DataWedge UI or did you actually trigger the scanner and not see the correct behavior? The PROFILE_FLAG.GET will only return what was stored in the profile. It does not actually retrieve what DataWedge currently has stored (so if you process a profile and then go into DW and make changes, the PROFILE_FLAG.GET will only return what the profile definition has not what DW has) Re: 2) Problem seems to be somewhere in transforming ProfileConfig object into XML and storing in internal repository. Wrong syntax or something. Are you seeing an error somewhere? Can you share a log file or snippet? Thanks

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?