Android Webkit and web hosted applications.

S Stephen Skidmore 2 years 11 months ago
0 1 0

The documentation for ver4 states that, on Android, the native browser is the default but the Moto browser is required to support the javascript apis that have not yet been updated.  There is no mention of how to activate the Moto browser.  I have a ver2 web hosted app which on gingerbread requires the rho runtime.  Ver4 does not provide an Android runtime but states that the javascript API files need to be rebuilt and included in the HTML.

In ver2 I create a rho shortcut and configure it with my applications url, works great.  How do I get the same functionality with ver4?

Thank you
Steve Skidmore

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Michael Toews

I have a ver2 web hosted app which on gingerbread requires the rho runtime.  Ver4 does not provide an Android runtime but states that the javascript API files need to be rebuilt and included in the HTML.

This is correct. With version 4.x of RhoMobile you'll want to create a simple JS native app for your Android device and just have it point to your web hosted app. The JS files that are necessary are built at build time and are not directly accessible before then. You simply include the required JS file, most likely rhoapi-modules.js.

I recommend trying this guide on Adding RhoMobile Capabilities to Your Web App.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?