Simulscan Demo not working on TC55

// Expert user has replied.
K Kenneth Haley 2 years 11 months ago
2 2 0

I loaded the new BSP's and it installed fine.  Printed the Manufacturing from but can't scan the manufacturing form.

When I get closer to the form the green box comes up on the screen but the barcodes do not fit into the green box.  When I pull back to get the barcodes on the form to fit into the view finder the green box goes away.

Any suggestions.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

K Kenneth Haley

Just updated to Ver 1.2.2 and now I don't get the green box at all.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Kenneth,

The goal is to hold still once you see the largest green box on the display. Please hold still once you see the green box and the barcodes should be decoded.
It's best the green border frames the form's outer boundaries in case of a structured document. However, for barcodes-only target, framing the boundary is not really required. So long as you see all the barcodes inside the green box, you should be fine.

There's a tutorial video posted on Launchpad that walks the user through this framing and capturing process that might be of help to you : https://launchpad.motorolasolutions.com/DPX/DPX%20Animation.mp4

If you still face issues, please let me know. The device uses the accelerometer to sense if you're holding the device still or not. We can suggest tuning those settings to help you with better performance/accuracy. These settings are exposed as "auto capture" and "auto capture sensitivity" in the device UI.

Thanks,
Anu

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?