Is it possible to do the iOS Rake command without output?

B Bart Fukkink 3 years ago
0 1 0

As the title says, Is it possible to do the rake command: "rake build:iphone:setup_xcode_project" without output?

We are currently in the process of automating all of our setups in command line files so we can save ourselfes some time when we release our software (Currently we have to build 13 applications, taking about 2,5 hours. With scripts, we are currently on 13 minutes).

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers.

(If it is possible, i`ll throw the script up here aswell for those that need it )

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jon Tara

I wouldn't advise dispensing with the output altogether - what if something goes wrong?

Just redirect it to a file.

rake .... 2>&1 >some_file.txt

2>&1 redirects standard error to standard output. Then redirect it all to a file.

I doubt this will make any difference in timing, though. Producing output on the screen doesn't take any appreciable time. Rhodes builds are VERY much CPU-bound in the C Compiler. What does it take to speed up a Rhodes build? All the CPU you can throw at it, not eliminating build output.

Unclear if you mean 13 minutes total, or 13 minutes per application? What hardware are you building on? I get about 3 minutes on a Mac Mini and we've a pretty large app.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?