[urgent]I need to develop scanner app for Motorola MC2180 is it possible to develop using RHoSTUDIO 4.0

i'm new to RhoStudio,I want to develop the app for Motorola MC2180 .Is it possible to develop with Rhostudio 4.0

Pavel Machala
Hi Sabarinathan,The MC2100

Hi Sabarinathan,

The MC2100 family of devices are only supported by RhoElements 2.1.

Rhomobile | Mobile API Compatibility

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sabarinathan Ka...
Pietro Francesco Maggi And 

Thanks for information sharing.I dont have.net licence that is my problem.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pavel Machala
Hi Sabarinathan,you can

Hi Sabarinathan,

you can either try Datawedge which is a background tool for scanner. It will push the scanned data into your text fields in your foreground apps or you can use built in RhoElements browser and create HTML with static/dynamic scanner control. Please review the docs below:

Rhomobile | Scanner Module

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Sabarinathan,which kind of

Hi Sabarinathan,

which kind of application you need to build?

...without this information is difficult to suggest a solution :-)

You can find information on how to build application on the MC2180 (is it a Standard or Pro device?) on our support site, look for the Integrator Guide:

https://portal.motorolasolutions.com/Support/US-EN/Resolution?solutionId=90464&productDetailGUID=67e6e3883f840410VgnVCM1…

Then, if C# and .NET CF is a better solution, and you don't have a license for Visual Studio 2008... that's a complete different problem I can not really help to solve.

Anyway, even building a RhoElements native application for MC21x0 requires Visual Studio 2008.

Your only option, without VS2008, is to use the included REv2.1 Shared Runtime on board of the MC21x0 and build an hybrid app.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sabarinathan Ka...
It was small kind of 

It was small kind of  application,Just to scan the bar code and need to find the code data match with sqllite table and  show to user that's it was match.Like Ticket validation before entering to the hall.Can you suggest me either i can go by Motorola MC2180 device or smart Phone.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Yes, should be possible to do

Yes, should be possible to do it on the MC2180, however:

Are the data local on the device?

Are you connected to a WiFi network (with the data on the server side)?

Which programming languages do you know?

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sabarinathan Ka...
Ya we need to store the data

Ya we need to store the data on the device to validate bar code.I know c#, php,ruby,python, front end script also

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi,MC2180 already include a

Hi,

MC2180 already include a version of the RhoElements runtime that can be used to build hybrid applications, I think the last available is v2.1 or v2.2, take a look at the documentation to see what is possible to do:

Rhomobile | RhoElements-Enabling Your Web App

If you want to build a native Rhodes/RhoElements v4.0 and deploy it on the MC2180, you can hit a performance wall. MC2180 is very limited in performance and memory (128MB of RAM the standard one, there's now a professional version with 256MB of RAM and WinCE 6.0 Pro). In this case writing a .NET CF application in C# may be a better option.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sabarinathan Ka...
Pietro Francesco Maggi

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’