6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 3:15 PM by Malcolm Eaton

ET1 Data Wedge Issue

Malcolm Eaton

Hi All I am looking to setup the ET1 data wedge to scan a Qr code into a text field on a Web Based App

My issue is the Qr code has some 10 numbers the a comer and then the data we need I am unsure how to set this up to only populate the part we need Eg: Qr code reads as follows. 1411265394,GL0517269 we just need the GL0517269

All the Qr codes have unique numbers Eg Serial.

The Qr code reads fine into the web page text field but puts the WHOLE number into field.

Please see Image

20140902_172549.jpg

All assistance greatly appreciated, as I am a newbie to this )

Kind Regards

Malcolm

• Re: ET1 Data Wedge Issue
          Daniel Silva

Take a look at the user guide.

I think you will probably want to set up a profile in datawedge for whatever app you are trying to scan this data into, this way any data manipulation will only happen when scanning into that app.

DATAWEDGE USER GUIDE

Then in that profile, I think you will want to set up an Advanced Data Formatting rule.  If that comma is always in the same spot, you could check for it there in the criteria, but if not, you could put in a couple of actions like "Move Past a  (,)" and "Send Remaining"

https://launchpad.motorolasolutions.com/documents/dw_user_guide.html#_generating_advanced_data_formatting_rules

Malcolm Eaton

Hi Daniel

Thank you so much for your reply.

I will give that a try.

The comma is always in same place 

"After the first ten numbers" 

I have looked at manule but did not know what to write in the comment line :) 

Cheers Mal

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note3 on the Telstra 4G network

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Malcolm Eaton

Hi Again Daniel

Mate I have tried the suggestion without any luck I think I may have done it wrong.

I note the instruction where you say about a FIXED Comma

This is what we have , 1411265394,GL0517269

There are 10 numbers always unique then a (,) then a serial number Always unique.

As discussed earlier we only need all after the comma.  (,) Eg in this case GL0517269

As (,) is fixed location how do you suggest I set up the RULE ?

I tried as above with no joy.

I do not know the commands so If you know of a link to these that would be nice as well.

Kind Regards

Malcolm

Matthew Chu

Hi Malcolm.  don't know if you have resolve this already, but just in case.   Dan is correct, all you need is those two actions, "Move Past a  (,)" and "Send Remaining"

You mentioned is a browser based app, are you creating a profile that ties to the browser?  If not, then you will use the Profile 0 within Datawedge.  Launch Datawedge, select Profile 0(Default),scroll down to Keystroke output section, select Advanced data formatting, check the Enable checkbox, select Rule 0, long hold the Send Remaining , Delete action, Press the Menu button (far bottom right on ET1), New action,  Move past a, Press 'Move past a' and enter the string ,     press the back button,  Menu button, New Action, Send Remaining,  back button until exit datawedge
                    If you are creating a profile that ties to the browser, then launch datawedge, long hold the Menu button (far bottom right on ET1), select new profile, enter browser for the profile name, then select the profile you just created,  under Applications, select Associated apps, press Menu button, New app/activity, select com.android.browser, select com.android.browser.BrowserActivity, back button, scroll down to Keystroke output section, select Advanced data formatting, check the Enable checkbox, select Rule 0, long hold the Send Remaining , Delete action, Press the Menu button (far bottom right on ET1), New action,  Move past a, Press 'Move past a' and enter the string ,   back button,  Menu button, New Action, Send Remaining,  back button until exit datawedge

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        Malcolm Eaton

Hi Mathew

Thank you so much, I have just tried this using a new profile.

I was NOT putting the the code in the right spots hahaha

Exactly as you detailed.  I was writing the hole thing out as a string haha.

So now bar-code is populating the field OK however there seems to be a SPACE after the coma it populates the field

and a I think a carriage return at the end of the string which is making the App update prematurely

needs to be removed as well and a tab or ? sent so it goes to the next field )

I will have a bit more of a play now I have a better idea of what I am doing..

See example  string > 1411265394,GL0517269 < seems to have a carriage return here

Thank you so much guys I really appreciate your help.

Cheers

Malcolm