iOS8/XCode 6.0.1

J Jon Tara 2 years 11 months ago
0 1 0

Share your experience building Rhodes apps for iOS8 using Xcode 6.0.1.

I am able to build for hardware and install on device. I can build for simulator, but iOS simulator does not start. Have not been able to open simulator using technique that worked for last iOS rollout (7) by opening simulator, then navigating to app and "open in running application" (iOS simulator).

Note I normally build with command-line, so imagine that an Xcode GUI build would open the simulator properly.

Note: I'll file an issue on opening the simulator.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jon Tara

iOS8 Simulator does not open from command-line build · Issue #393 · rhomobile/rhodes · GitHub

Code apparently has been written for this, but does not seem to be present in Rhodes 5.0.2. That is, whatever "Rhodes 5.0.2" means, since the version numbers don't seem to have much meaning of late.

It is in the git `master` branch, however.

Update: this code4 was added July 21. I have 5.0.2 dated July 7, so impossible for this to be in current version, unless "5.0.2" has been updated. Re-downloading now to compare the Gems and see if they are identical.

Verified this is not supported in current RMS 5.0.2. I'll give current `master` a try, but have some concern that it may not be stable.

Now that iOS8 is released, is it perhaps time for an incremental RMS release?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?