How to build an app for MC3190Z using Visual Studio 2008

L Laurie Borlase 2 years 11 months ago
1 2 0

Please help,

I am a senior (yes i mean older) VB6 programmer charged with creating a stand alone app for 4 new MC3190Z RFID terminals (Windows Mobile 6.5).
I have worked with the VB_RFID3 sample programs in the EMDK for .NET 2.8 and I have a beta version ready for testing.  The RFID app will not start in the Windows Mobile emulator because it does not support the RFID APIs.

The environment is Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.
Visual Studio 2008 SP1
Motorola EMDK for .NET 2.8

I am stumped on how to test and debug the RFID on the terminal.
I am also stumped on how to deploy the program and/or future updates to the terminals in the field.

Do you know of any documentation to help rookies like me through their first deployment?

Thank you.

Laurie Borlase

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Not sure I'm understanding what you are asking, but let me throw some things out there.

You will want to test on a real device.  You can connect the device to your PC using a cradle and a USB cable.  You will want to have "Windows Mobile Device Center" loaded on your Windows 7 machine.  This will handle connecting the device to your machine.  You can debug on the real hardware over this USB link once all of this is working.  Sometimes it also helps to have both the device and the PC on the same Wireless network also, but this is not required. You might see references to Activesync in some of the developer docs.  Activesync was used on WIndows XP and previous, but starting with Vista, you use Windows Mobile Device Center instead.

Is this what you were looking for?

K Kutir Mobility

Hi Laurie
This issue needs help from Motorola. We will raise this issue with them to get an answer.
Visnupriya R
Kutir Mobility

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?