Hi Ruben Thanks for sharing it here. it will help other developers like us. We look forward to hear updates from you. Visnupriya R Kutir Mobility
This is what i've done:
1. Add :queue: <sourceName> in each source listed in the settings.yml following the example of the docs.
2. Start resque workers with: QUEUE=* COUNT=5 rake resque:workers
3. This failed due to a missing dep: require 'rhoconnect/tasks'. Eventually I gave up trying to fix this due to limited ruby knowledge, and decided to remove the line and try again. Commenting it out, allowed the resque workers to start.
4. After succesfully starting the workers, I could see them on the Resque console. A sync attempt would still fail, due to some method expecting a symbol but getting a integer instead. This was fixed by removing the 'query=' part in the doSync() call in my app. It seems it doesn't like to get any other parameters passed. This was no issue since those parameters only send the version string to the server for logging purposes.
5. Now I could successfully sync for the first time using the resque workers, but it is still very unstable. 2 of 5 jobs will fail with 'error 500', however, i'm still not 100% sure that its not our backend causing this errors